Scrumptious Ginger Cookies
These are one of my family's favorite cookies. When we are looking for a treat, it's one of our go-to cookies. They are soft, chewy, and melt-in-your-mouth good. You will find yourself going back to make these cookies again and again. Say good bye to store-bought ginger snaps. These cookies win any cookie contest hands down. Now get in the kitchen, and let's get cooking.
(If you prefer more sweet than savory, dip the top of cookies in a 50/50 mix of white sugar to brown or raw sugar. This is done before cooking.)
What do You Think?
Supplies For Cookies
- Two mixing bowls, a medium and a large
- Whisk and a spatula
- Measuring spoons and cups
- A table spoon to make cookies the right size, a fork to press cookies
- All your ingredients
- Cookie sheet and cooling rack
Ginger Cookie Ingredients
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Margarine, Soft
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon, Ground
- 2 tsp Ginger, Ground
- 2 tsp Cloves, Ground
- Preheat oven to 375. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the margarine and brown sugar. Blend until creamy, add the molasses and eggs. Mix all wet ingredients together. Set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour. Measure and add the rest of the ingredients. (also known as the dry ingredients) mix together until combined. Use a Whisk.
- Now add the wet ingredience to the dry. MIx as you add a little at a time, until both bowls are combined. Spoon each spoonfull of cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Don't grease if you use parchement paper.
- Gently press down on each cookie with a fork. Do not flatten. You can also press with your fingers. Lift off the cookie sheet and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Stack ginger cookies on a plate or keep in freezer bags. I keep out 1/2 of this recipe and freeze the others for when I have company.
A Little Tip
Watch the cookie size
Use a Tbsp and form
Into round balls
You won't get as many of
them if you don't keep them small
Glazed Ginger Cookies
For Sweet Cookie Glaze
Easy but tasty cookie glaze:
- 1/2 Cup Icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp Milk
In a small bowl wisk together until it's well blended. Drizzle glaze over a few of the cookies.
We Love The Ginger Goodness
Ginger cookies like these are for ginger lovers everywhere. You can reduce the ginger by 1/2 if you like ginger but don't want it too strong. We love them with the full amount of ginger. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do. These cookies are scrumptious.
From my house to yours, with love. Enjoy
© 2017 Terrie Lynn