Simple and Delicious Ginger Caramel Cookies (Perfect for Christmas!)
For the last 15 years or so, I have had one duty above all others when it comes to Christmas preparations: to make a batch of delicious ginger cookies! These cookies are really easy to make and, apart from having the seasonally suitable ginger taste, also taste a little of caramel on account of the syrup in them. See how easy they are to make below.
- 100 grams butter
- 1 decilitre sugar
- 2 tablespoons syrup (golden/light)
- 2 and a half decilitre flour
- Half a teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Mix the butter (let it soften in room temperature first), sugar and syrup in a bowl.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Once the dough is nice and firm, divide by four or five and roll out to long ropes of dough (the length of your baking pan).
- Flatten with a fork across the entire lenght (but leaving the dents between the fork prongs).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in 175 degrees celsius.
- Let them cool briefly, then cut them diagonally. (Don't let them cool for too long or you'll have to crack rather than cut them into suitable portions.)
Doesn't that sound easy? I promise, it is! If you try this recipe out, let me know what you think in the comment section below!