I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
A Delightful Treat
Homemade ginger candy is a delightful treat that can be made easily and quickly at home. I prepared about 35 candies in only 40 minutes.
Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger has medicinal properties and is considered to be a superfood. Regular consumption of ginger can have many health benefits, including the reduction of inflammation in the body and the prevention of gas formation. Also, it may help reduce muscle pain and soreness. Ginger is a multi-purpose herb that is used extensively in herbal remedies and cooking.
Sore Throat Remedy
Chewing ginger candy makes the throat feel warm. It is a soothing remedy for sore throat.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
35 ginger candies
- 1 cup ginger paste
- 3 cups jaggery, powdered
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ghee, for greasing the plate
- Grease a plate with ghee and set aside. This plate will be for pouring the hot ginger candy mixture.
- Wash ginger root and roughly chop.
- In a mixer jar, add chopped ginger and make a thick paste.
- In a deep-bottomed pan, add ginger paste, milk, and jaggery powder.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Stir the mixture continuously with a spatula.
- After some time, the jaggery will melt completely and the mixture will liquefy.
- Continue stirring until the mixture becomes moderately thick. Reduce heat.
- Stir the mixture while scraping the edges. After some time, you will observe that the mixture becomes reddish-brown and sticky.
- In the next stage, the mixture will become light, thick, and frothy. At this point, turn off the heat and transfer the mixture to the greased plate.
- Spread the mixture with the spatula. Tap the plate to spread it to the edges.
- When its surface becomes a bit firm, draw criss-cross lines on it with a knife. Allow it to cool down. Later, you are going to cut the candy along those lines.
- When it becomes almost cold, insert the knife deeper along the lines and cut.
- Make small pieces because this candy should be small in size.
- Collect the candies and store them in an airtight container. It will remain fresh for over a month.
- Enjoy eating one candy daily to soothe your sore throat and also to reap the benefits of ginger!
Read More From Delishably
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.