Southern Mama's Pound Cake
Tips From the Hubby
- Sifting the flour three times makes the texture that much better.
- Put your love into it. You can taste the difference.
- Be quiet when it bakes. It won't turn out right if you're loud while it's in the oven.
- Only check it when the timer reads 30 minutes left. And remember to be quiet.
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 3 Cups Flour
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Sticks of butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Dash Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Get a good-sized bundt pan and grease/spray it really good. I mean really good. I honestly don't have a specific size. My husband and I had to look everywhere for the "best bundt pan" he could approve of. I just know I have some smaller bundt pans that look about 9 inches I want to say. And I'm telling you now, it was not big enough and my husband was very unhappy with me. Just a tidbit there.
- Sift your flour 3 times and add your baking powder. Set aside. Yes. 3 times.
- Make sure your butter is softened and cut into cubes. Mix the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl until it looks crumby.
- Add in 1 egg at a time to sugar/butter mix. Make sure you mix well after adding each egg.
- Once you've done that, you will add the flour slowly alternating adding milk. After all the flour and milk has been mixed in well, add a dash of Vanilla. For my husband, a dash is 1 Tbsp. So feel out what is best for you. His theory is that if you can smell the vanilla after it is mixed, then you've done well.
- Pour your batter into your well greased/sprayed bundt pan. Level it out by shaking the pan slightly.
- Put the cake in the oven at 350 F for 1 1/2 hours. Don't peak at it just yet. And be very quiet. According to the hubby it makes the cake even better.
- When the timer says 30 minutes or less, then you can take a peak at it. Just remember to be quiet.
- When the timer goes off, take the cake out of the oven and poke it with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then you have a finished product.
- Make sure you loosen the cake from the pan. My husband gently loosened it from the sides while it was still hot. And then flipped it onto a plate once it had cooled down.
- Look at that delicious cake you just made. Be proud of yourself and dig in. After all, you deserve it. ;)
Step-By-Step Photo InstructionsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Rosemarie