Lisa Jane has been cooking for many years and loves trying out new recipes and cooking old family favorites.
Every year, my mother makes her famous apple pie for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is my dad's favorite pie, so she makes sure she makes it. This year, I was home for Christmas so I got to enjoy it, too. My dad and I helped my mother peel, cut, and slice the apples while she made the rest. The pie was great, and there was nothing left by the end of the night.
|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
8 pieces of pie
- 8 large apples, sliced thin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
- After placing the pie shell in a 9-inch pie plate, fill it with the apple slices.
- In a bowl, measure out the sugar, spices, salt, and lemon juice then mix together. Sprinkle this mixture over the apples.
- Dot the apples with butter.
- Moisten the edge of the pie crust with water then place another pie crust over the apples.
- Seal the edges with a fork. Make sure to make 4 slits on the top of the apple pie.
- Then place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.