How to Make an Alcohol-Infused Strawberry & Blueberry Trifle
Another Version of a Previous Article
If you search through my articles, you will notice another similar dessert. Only that one is made with angel food cake and no alcohol. This version is made with pound cake that has strawberry-infused vodka sprinkled on it. I chose the strawberry vodka because of the strawberries, obviously, but a nice light rum would be equally good.
I have also made this dessert with both rum and Sambuca. One layer of cake has rum sprinkled and another layer of cake has the Sambuca sprinkled on it. Sambuca has sort of an anise flavor. That one I use both vanilla and chocolate pudding. I think I will make that in another article.
This dessert can be made in half an hour and no baking is required, which is why it's really good for the summer time.
- 3 box Instant vanilla pudding
- 5 1/2 cups milk
- 2 10oz. pound cakes, sliced in 1/2" slices
- 1/4 cup Strawberry infused vodka
- 1 container (according to size) fresh strawberries, hauled and sliced
- 8 oz, container fresh blueberries
- 8 oz. container Cool Whip, thawed
- Mix the instant pudding with the 5 1/2 cups of milk with a whisk for about a minute then let set to thicken.
- Slice the cake and put a layer on the bottom of the bowl you are using. Sprinkle some of the vodka on the cake then cover with some of the sliced strawberries.
- Cover with the pudding already thickened. Top with another layer of sliced pound cake sprinkled with more vodka.
- Top with a layer of blueberries and then repeat the layers till you come to the top and the last layer should be pudding.
- Top with the Cool Whip and garnish with the rest of the strawberries and blueberries if you wish. This is optional. Cover as directed and store in the refrigerator till ready to be eaten. Enjoy!!!
Photos of Alcohol-Infused Strawberry & Blueberry TifleClick thumbnail to view full-size
How to Cover and Store.
This dessert needs to be refrigerated but can be ruined if the plastic wrap is directly on the top. So to avoid that I cut up some straws and placed them around the bowl then covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator till ready to be eaten.
How to Cover and Store.
- I used sugar free instant pudding, but regular instant pudding would be super.
- I used strawberry vodka, but if you don't like it use whatever sweeter liquor you like. Light rum is also very good and I have another version that uses light rum and Sambuca. (That's for another hub).
- Also if you don't like strawberries and blueberries or have an allergy to them; feel free to substitute any in season fruit you like. They are all good. Bananas, kiwi fruit, peaches, etc.
- Also let some of the fruit be seen from the side of the bowl, it makes the dessert so much more appetizing and pretty.