Tempting Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
The Ideal Dessert
What would be better than a delicious coffee-flavored cake for all the coffee lovers out there? You can now pamper yourself with this mouth-watering blueberry coffee cake recipe that will surely be a treat for your taste buds. This cake is a perfect afternoon snack, and you could also delight your friends and family with this tasty blueberry coffee cake. Below is the detailed recipe to bake the perfect dessert that will surely be a delight for you and anyone who is lucky enough to have a bite of it.
The Magic Ingredients
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated coffee
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheating the oven is a very important task before baking anything. So here, before you start preparing the batter, preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, milk, yogurt and vegetable oil.
- In another bowl, sift the all purpose flour and mix in sugar, baking powder and salt. Once all the ingredients are well combined, pour the flour mixture in the egg mixture. Keep stirring while mixing to avoid lumps. Mix the mixture until no sign of the dry ingredients is left.
- After this, mix 1 tsp of coffee with warm water. Make sure the coffee melts entirely and no granules are left. Stir the coffee into the batter.
- In this mixture, add 1 1/4 cup of the frozen blueberries and 1 tbsp of flour. Stir these two ingredients into the batter.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch pan and pour the batter in the pan. Once the batter settles down, sprinkle the rest of the leftover blueberries over the top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the turbinado sugar, sliced almonds, and cinnamon and sprinkle the sauce over the batter.
- Bake this cake at 400° for not more than 25 to 30 minutes. For confirmation that the cake has baked well, you can insert a wooden pick in the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack and remove the cake from the pan 10 to 15 minutes later. Your cake is now ready to be served!
Tips for Baking the Perfect Cake
- Before pouring the batter in the pan, grease the pan with a small amount of vegetable oil and flour and spread this mixture in the entire pan. This trick will make it easy for you to remove the cake from the pan after it bakes.
- Once you pour the cake batter in the pan, gently tap the pan against a solid surface twice or thrice. This helps to get rid of any air bubbles in the batter and the cake will bake quite evenly.
- While the cake is baking, never open the oven's door unless you are sure as it lowers the temperature of the oven and causes uneven baking.