I have always loved to bake. I’m a wife, mother, grandmother, and great grandmother, so I do a lot of baking for my family.
This recipe for banana bundt cake is so easy, and it never fails to come out well. In addition to being delicious, this cake is pretty when it's done. It's an easy dessert to take to parties or for whatever event you're going to.
Personally, I prefer to use a glass bundt pan, as it can be used in a microwave or oven, but this recipe can be used in any type of bundt pan you have. It can even be made in loaf pans. If you're making a cake with a glass pan, the temperature has to be cut down from 350°F to 325°F.
For this recipe, use up your old bananas in the cake; in fact, your bananas need to be overripe—not green or even yellow—for this recipe. You can use any frosting you want on this cake; I have used Wedding Cake Frosting and Snow White Frosting to great effect.
Banana Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 cup of water
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 large or small package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 to 3 ripe mashed bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup oil
- Combine ingredients, mixing well. Pour into a lightly greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake 325°F degrees for 60 to 70 minutes. (Note: If you are not using a glass pan, bake at 350°F.)
This cake also freezes well. I make them ahead all the time.
Variations on This Recipe
- Chocolate cake mix with chocolate pudding
- Lemon cake mix with lemon pudding and poppy seeds instead of nuts
- Yellow cake with butterscotch
- I also don't always use water. I use buttermilk, whipping cream, milk, or fruit juice. I like using whipping cream the most.
- You can also use two loaf pans.
- Use any kind of nuts you want. I have also used raisins.
Apple Bundt Cake
Serves 8 to 10
- 4 cups (1 liter) apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) canola oil
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) orange juice
- 3 cups (750 milliliters) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) water
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliters) brandy
- Bundt Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C (325˚F if using a glass pan). In a small bowl, combine diced apples, 1/4 cup (50 milliliters) sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat canola oil, sugar, eggs, and orange juice. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to cream mixture. Beat until combined. Grease the bundt pan with canola oil. Pour 1/3 cake batter, 1/2 apple mixture, 1/3 cake mixture, 1/2 apple mixture, and the remaining 1/3 cake batter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Brandy Sauce: In a small saucepan, mix sugar and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in brandy. Pour over sliced cake and serve.
I have a Cobalt Blue KitchenAid mixer. How I love that thing.
When our granddaughter got married, we just knew she had to have one, so we bought her the red one with the glass bowl. I always wanted the red mixer, but when I bought my mixer, the red was $100.00 more. I can't let blue know I'm in love with red, anyway. I really don't work for KitchenAid; I just love this mixer. I also have asked my kids to get me the glass bowl that fits on the KitchenAid for a Christmas gift.
My nieces and nephews fight over their mother's mixer, each one saying she has to leave it to them in her will.
Rate This Recipe!
© 2008 moonlake