Easy Banana Bundt Cake Recipe
Banana Bundt Cake With A Mix.
This recipe for banana bundt cake is so easy, and it never fails always comes out well. I love my glass bundt pan, but this recipe can be used in any type of bundt pan you have. It can even be used in loaf pans.
This is the best bundt pan. It's glass, and it works great. It makes the best bundt cakes. It can be used in a microwave or oven. The temperature has to be cut down from 350° to 325° if you're making a cake with this pan.
I bought mine on eBay.
For this recipe use up your old bananas in the cake; in fact, your bananas need to be ripe and not green for this recipe. It is so easy to make and taste so good.
The cake is pretty when it's done. It's an easy cake to take to parties or for whatever event you're going to.
Banana Bundt Cake
- 1 cup of water
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 large or small package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2-3 ripe mashed bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup oil
- Combine ingredients, mixing well. Pour into lightly greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake 325°F degrees for 60-70 minutes. 350°F if not a glass pan.
This cake also freezes well. I make them ahead all the time.
Glass Bundt PanClick thumbnail to view full-size
Variations on cake recipe use what you have.
- Chocolate cake mix with chocolate pudding
- Lemon cake mix with Lemon pudding and poppy seeds instead of nuts.
- Yellow Cake with butterscotch
I also don't always use water. I use buttermilk, whipping cream, milk or fruit juice. I like the whipping cream the most.
Like I said you can also use two loaf pans.
Use any kind of nuts you want. I have also used raisins.
Apple Bundt Cake
Serves 8 to 10
- 4 cups (1 L) apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) canola oil
- 2 cup (500 ml ) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice
- 3 cup (750 ml ) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) brandy
- Bundt Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) 325 if glass. In a small bowl, combine diced apples, 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat canola oil, sugar, eggs and orange juice. Combine flour, salt and baking powder. Add to cream mixture. Beat until combined. Grease bundt pan with canola oil. Pour 1/3 cake batter, 1/2 apple mixture, 1/3 cake mixture, 1/2 apple mixture and remaining 1/3 cake batter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Brandy Sauce: In a small saucepan, mix sugar and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in brandy. Pour over sliced cake and serve.
Kitchen Aid Mixer
I have a Cobalt Blue Kitchen Aid mixer. How I love that thing.
When our granddaughter got married, we just knew she had to have one so we bought her the red one with the glass bowl. I always wanted the red mixer, but when I bought my mixer, red was $100.00 more. I can't let blue know I'm in love with red. I really don't work for Kitchen Aid. I just love this mixer. I also have asked my kids to get me the glass bowl that fits on the Kitchenaid for a Christmas gift.
My nieces and nephews fight over their mother's mixer, each one saying she has to leave it to them in her will.
Feel Free To Rate This Recipe
© 2008 moonlake