Matt has been baking for 15 years and cooks delicious dinners for his family of 5. Endless trial and error has resulted in fabulous recipes.
This recipe is near and dear to my heart. I have worked to perfect it over the last 10 years and I guarantee you will love it too! The best thing about this recipe is that it can be used as a base to expand on other cookie recipes like my s'mores, Skor or M&M cookies.
I use a kitchen scale to measure out my ingredients to ensure that the finished product is the same every time. Oven temperatures and cooking time may vary. In my current oven these cookies are perfectly soft and moist after nine minutes. In my last oven it took 10 1/2 minutes. Adjust the cooking time to your preference but remember that cookies continue to cook once they are removed from the oven.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 hours 15 min
2 hours 25 min
4 dozen cookies
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 210 grams white sugar
- 210 grams brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 480 grams flour
- 50 grams instant vanilla pudding powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 305 grams chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set the oven rack to the middle position
- Blend butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs together until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the hot water with the baking soda and stir to dissolve. Add to the wet ingredients along with the salt.
- Add and mix in the instant vanilla pudding powder. This step can be omitted but the pudding powder helps improve the softness and shelf life of your final cookies.
- Slowly measure out the flour into a separate bowl and gradually add it into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix the batter but ensure it is combined well.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand, making sure to incorporate them into the batter.
- Chill cookie dough for at least 2 hours. After the dough has cooled, make 30g balls of cookie dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently press balls down and shape them into small disks about 1/2 an inch thick. Bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Cookies continue to bake after they are removed from the oven. Let rest on the baking pan for 2 minutes; then transfer them to a cooling rack.