Recipe for the Grey Stuff From Disney's Beauty and The Beast
Ever since Beauty and the Beast came out, I have been obsessed. It is one of my all time favorite Disney movies. When I heard that they were making a live action version, I was ecstatic! One of my favorite songs in the movie is "Be Our Guest" (the song that Lumierre sings to Belle while she is eating dinner). One thing that I have always wondered was from the song is what is the "grey stuff"? Obviously, it is delicious, but what is it? When Walt Disney World opened the Be Our Guest restaurant in Florida and I heard that the Grey Stuff was on the menu, I was dying to find a recipe and try it out for myself. Recently, my friend went and sent me a picture, and from that moment I was determined to find out how to make it. So without any further ado, I bring you the easiest, most delicious recipe ever. Bon Appetite!
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix, instant
- 3 Tbs. chocolate pudding mix, instant
- 15 Oreo cookies, not double stuffed
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 container whipped topping
- In large bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding mix and the milk. Place mixture in the fridge and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Crush up the cookies either by placing in a food processor or hand crushing them in a plastic food storage bag. Makes sure they have a fine crumb consistency.
- Take pudding out of the fridge and mix in cookie crumbs.
- Fold in the whipped topping until well combined.
- Add in the chocolate pudding mix and stir well. Place in fridge for about an hour.
- Serve cold and decorate with edible pearls!
In large bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding mix and the milk. Place mixture in the fridge and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
Crush up the cookies either by placing in a food processor or hand crushing them in a plastic food storage bag. Makes sure they have a fine crumb consistency.
Take pudding out of the fridge and mix in cookie crumbs.
Fold in the whipped topping until well combined.
Add in the chocolate pudding mix and stir well. Place in fridge for about an hour.
Serve cold and decorate with edible pearls!
Just a Few Tips!
- When serving, to get the look that disney has at the Be Our Guest restaurant, use a pastry bag fitted with a Wilton 1M star tip.
- If you don't want to use this plating method, you can do what I did. Put a servings worth in a sandwich bad and cut the end off the tip. Use like a pastry bag and throw away when done.
- I had a lot left over, so I put the extra in individual-sized plastic pudding cups. This makes it easy to grab and go for lunches!
- The mixture does have a brown tinge to it. If you want it to be more on the grey side, don't add the chocolate pudding mix at the end.
- I made mine gluten-free by substituting the Oreos with Glutino chocolate vanilla sandwich cookies.
- If you are not a fan of Oreo-type cookies, then skip them! It will still turn out grey with the chocolate pudding powder.
Try the Grey Stuff It's Delicious; Don't Believe Me, Ask the Dishes!
As I mentioned earlier, I love Beauty and the Beast, so when I saw these plates at Disneyland I had to buy one! They were not that expensive, and knowing that I was going to be making the Grey Stuff, I absolutely could not pass it up. I hope you all try this out and enjoy it as much as I did. Who else is super excited for the movie coming out? I already have it marked on my calendar when I am going with my boyfriend!