Sweet and Spicy—A Simple Raw Chocolate Cake
Why Raw Desserts?
Raw desserts are healthy, delicious, and satiable. They are a healthy alternative to conventional calorie-rich desserts. Basically, they are made of various fruits (fresh or dried) and nuts. For firming the dessert, coconut oil and/or cocoa butter are often used, but not necessarily. They do not contain white, refined sugar; not even a hint of milk, butter, or cream; no flour; hydrogenated fats; and eggs.
To make raw foods, we mostly need only a good food processor. And what is the best part? They are easily made.
We all know how frustrating it can be when you bake a cake and it doesn't turn out as you desired. So I have decided to stop baking and start preparing raw ones that don't require cooking. I wanted to eat something sweet and chocolate. I had cherries. I had cocoa powder. I had chilli (cayenne pepper). Oh, and yes, I had avocados. So I found a couple of sweet and easy recipes on the internet, combined them, and made this delicious cake.
- 1 + 3/4 cups ground almonds
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch vanilla
- 4 avocados
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- pinch vanilla
- pinch salt
- 2 cups cherries
- First, you have to make the base for the cake: mix together ground almonds, date paste, salt, and vanilla. You can make your own date paste: just blend dates with a little water.
- When the base is ready, spread it all around the pan. Put the pan in the fridge while you do the filling.
- For the filling, blend all the remaining ingredients in a food processor. Put in melted coconut oil and cocoa butter in at the end. Blend well, until smooth.
- Take the pan and place half of the filling on the base. Then cover with cherries. Put remaining cherries with the remaining filling and blend together. Pour the mixture on the cherries.
- Decorate as your heart desires!
More by this Author
It is so tasty, so creamy, nutty and fruity. Raw raspberry cake. And the best part is that you can experiment as many variations as your imagination allows you to. Give it a try!
Use this quick and simple recipe and make tasty biscuits that the whole family will love.
No comments yet.