Vanilla Pudding Cake
I don't know about you, but I love cakes. This is my weakness, and I know it, but during the week I resist sweets by sheer willpower. I stuff my plate with healthy food, and I work out frequently. But Sunday is my cheating day, and I yield to the temptation. This Vanilla Pudding Cake is one of my favorites.
- 8 white of the egg (separate it from the yolk), (pasta)
- 8 tablespoon sugar, (pasta)
- 8 tablespoon flour, (pasta)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, (pasta)
- 8 yolk (remaining of the eggs), (cream)
- 2 package (2 x 1,5 oz) vanilla pudding powder, (cream)
- 1 tablespoon flour, (cream)
- 8 dl (3 1/2 cups) milk, (cream)
- 25 dkg (9 oz) margarine, (cream)
- 20 dkg (7 oz) sugar, (cream)
- white cream, (decoration)
- candy, cocoa powder, (decoration)
- Prepare the cream first, because it will need to cool, and you can use that time to prepare the paste. Mix the ingredients except the sugar and the margarine (you will add it later) and cook it until it gets the pudding-like texture. (If not sure, check the cooking time on the package of the vanilla pudding.) Put it aside to cool down.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder. Beat the white of eggs until hard and smooth, add the sugar and the flour in small portions. Put it into a middle-sized cooking pan (use baking paper to get it out easier when done) and cook it at 180 Celsius for 20 minutes. Let it cool down.
- To finish the cream, add the sugar to the margarine and beat it until the texture is creamy. Add the pudding and beat it until smooth. Spread the cream over the paste evenly. Spread the white cream over the pudding evenly. Scatter candy decoration or cocoa powder over it.