Yellow Cake Mix Cinnamon Bread Recipe
Easy cinnamon bread, good for breakfast or dessert!
This is a recipe I found today on Cooks.com. I had a yellow cake mix and a vanilla pudding mix in my cupboard and wanted to dress those up some. The final product is a mix between bread and pound cake and is absolutely delicious! It is really easy to make, a huge plus for me, and is easy to chew - also good for me! Here is all you need:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs (add one at a time)
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For the cinnamon/sugar blend use:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (I used Penzey's Vietnamese cinnamon and my kitchen smells like a pack of Big Red!)
- Place the first six ingredients together in a mixing bowl, and blend on high for 8 minutes. I love my KitchenAid blender, it makes everything so much easier.
- Grease two loaf pans generously with Pam.
- Fill each pan halfway and then sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar blend in a layer.
- Then top off with the rest of the batter and sprinkle the loaf with the remaining sugar blend. I swirled a knife thru each loaf to marble the cinnamon throughout and to make it pretty when it is cut.
- I then baked the loaves for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Cool, and then glaze with frosting.
For the glaze you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Add the milk I Tbsp at a time, and add a little more if you need to reach the desired consistency.
- Drizzle over the loaf and enjoy!
Beautiful and yummy, this is a great snack for any time of the day!