Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking large amounts of coffee.
Sugar cookies are a classic dessert. They are the favorite of many and never go out of style. I love how versatile sugar cookies are; there are numerous ways to switch up the recipe, opportunities to really be creative, and bake the cookies for any season and any taste.
This recipe is simple, quick, and doesn't require any eggs! Get ready for delicious, soft, and chewy sugar cookies that everyone will love! Here's what you'll need.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Makes up to 24 cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar and butter.
- Stir in milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Fold creamed mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread a little flour over a flat surface and roll or knead dough out to desired thickness.
- Use cookie cutters or items in the kitchen to create fun cookie shapes.
- Grease baking pan or baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- Frost cookies and add sprinkles if desired.
These cookies are delicious with a glass of cold milk. Enjoy!
© 2016 Alyssa
Alyssa (author) from Ohio on November 18, 2016:
You're welcome! Enjoy! :)
oliversmum from australia on November 18, 2016:
Hi. Your recipe looks great. Easy to make and tasty. Its coming up summer here, so they will go down a treat. Thank you for the step by step instructions. :) :)
Alyssa (author) from Ohio on October 19, 2016:
They were! :)
Edwin B Lowry from PA on October 19, 2016:
These look really good, I want one!