Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking copious amounts of coffee.
Made for Coffee Lovers
It's no secret that I love coffee. While walking down the baking aisle at my local grocery store, I stopped to take a look at the variety of chocolate chips. Just below eye level, I discovered Nestlé Tollhouse Espresso Morsels. I picked them up off the shelf to take a closer look at the package. Right on the front of the bag, this particular statement sealed the deal: "made with real coffee." I immediately put them in my cart with visions of all the delicious treats I could make running through my mind.
As soon as I got home and put all my groceries away, I pulled out everything I would need to create the perfect, coffee lovers' chocolate chip cookie. I used my original chocolate chip cookie recipe as a guide, tweaking a few ingredients, and set to work. The result was the most delectable chocolate chip cookie I had ever tasted—crispy on the edges, soft and chewy in the center, with chocolate and coffee notes in every bite!
If you love coffee and chocolate, this is the perfect cookie for you!
Read More From Delishably
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mostly melted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (20-oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (9-oz) bag espresso morsels
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir well with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugars and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Butter should be halfway melted, halfway softened. Once you reach the right consistency, remove the pan from heat and add the butter to the sugar mixture. Stir well.
- Mix eggs into the sugar mixture.
- Slowly stir flour mixture into the sugar mixture.
- Pour in 1/2 to 3/4 of your semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir well.
- Pour in 1/4 to 1/2 of your espresso morsels. Stir well.
- Drop large spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a greased baking sheet. Add a few espresso chips to each cookie top.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
- Allow cookies to rest for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with a mug of coffee or a glass of ice cold milk.
© 2020 Alyssa