A Cozy and Warm Peanut Buttery Treat
When the weather outside is frightful, a girl just wants a peanut butter treat—at least, that's how I've been feeling lately. For the past few years, winter in Ohio has been pretty mild. This year it has hit with full force all at once; the snow and temperatures won't quit falling. What better way to stay warm and cozy than hanging out in the kitchen to whip up delicious treats?
Pulling out my trusty family recipe book, I found the perfect complement to my favorite beverage, peanut butter squares. I improvised a little by substituting oats for cocoa Krispy cereal, and I'm so happy I did! These bars are tasty and satisfying. They make for a great on-the-go breakfast or a mid-day snack. Be careful, though. They are delicious, and everyone will love them!
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- Combine the corn syrup and brown sugar in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, frequently stirring, until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Add in the oats, stirring until well-coated with the peanut butter mixture.
- Coat a loaf pan or a 9x9-inch baking pan with a generous amount of cooking spray. Alternatively, you could butter the pan if desired.
- Press the peanut butter oat mixture into your pan and allow it to cool.
- Cut into squares or bars and enjoy!
© 2021 Alyssa