Homemade Rice Crispy Treats
Rice Krispies Treats are a classic snack. I have loved them since childhood. My husband and I still love these as adults. Now there are a variety of flavors available, but nothing is quite as delicious as the original crunchy, marshmallow treat.
Making your own crispy treats is even better, and much more cost effective. All you need is a few simple ingredients. The best part? The recipe is incredibly easy and with just a little adult supervision, your kids can make these!
Here's what you need.
- 1 Box Crisp Rice Cereal
- 1 Package Large Marshmallows
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, I like Country Crock.
- Cooking Spray
- Coat a 13x9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Begin melting butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Continuously stirring.
- Slowly add in marshmallows.
- Continue stirring until the marshmallows and butter are completely melted.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Slowly pour in crisp rice cereal. I used 3/4 of the box of cereal.
- Continue stirring until completely mixed.
- Spread crispy treat mixture evenly into the baking pan.
- Allow crispy treats to cool completely.
- Once the treats are cool, cut into squares.
Steps 2 and 3
These treats would be great for a school party, holiday get-together, or a family picnic.