Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking copious amounts of coffee.
Rice Krispies Treats are a classic snack. I have loved them since childhood. My husband and I still love these as adults. Now there are a variety of flavors available, but nothing is quite as delicious as the original crunchy, marshmallow treat.
Making your own crispy treats is even better, and much more cost-effective. All you need is a few simple ingredients. The best part? The recipe is incredibly easy and with just a little adult supervision, your kids can make these!
Here's what you need.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Approximately 12 Crispy Treat Bars
- 1 Box Crisp Rice Cereal
- 1 Package Large Marshmallows
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, I like Country Crock.
- Cooking Spray
- Coat a 13x9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Begin melting butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Continuously stirring.
- Slowly add in marshmallows.
- Continue stirring until the marshmallows and butter are completely melted.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Slowly pour in crisp rice cereal. I used 3/4 of the box of cereal.
- Continue stirring until completely mixed.
- Spread crispy treat mixture evenly into the baking pan.
- Allow crispy treats to cool completely.
- Once the treats are cool, cut into squares.
Steps 2 and 3
These treats would be great for a school party, holiday get-together, or a family picnic.
© 2017 Alyssa
Alyssa (author) from Ohio on April 18, 2017:
They were a lot of fun to make! :)
Ashi on April 18, 2017:
Wow, amazing :) I really loved this combination of Rice Cereal and Marshmallows. I never tried this before. It looks really yum as I can notice smile and joy on your and your son's face :) :)
So creative :)