Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking large amounts of coffee.
Vanilla pudding is a classic dessert. Delicious on its own, paired with ice cream or pie, or topped with crushed cookies, candies, or fruit, vanilla pudding is sure to please every taste bud. Instant pudding is okay, but homemade is the absolute best! This recipe is one of my family's favorites. It's simple, incredibly easy to make, and only requires five ingredients.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 4 people
- 3 tbs. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine the cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add milk while stirring the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a large saucepan.
- Heat it to boiling over direct heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil gently for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add vanilla. Stir.
- Pour pudding into individual cups or a large bowl. Containers should be rinsed with cold water before putting the pudding into them.
- Chill until firm.
Step-by-Step Photo Guide for Vanilla Pudding
Enjoy! This vanilla pudding is delicious topped with whipped cream or the crushed fruit of your choice.
© 2016 Alyssa