Homemade Old-Fashioned Vanilla Pudding
Vanilla pudding is a classic dessert. Delicious on its own, paired with ice cream or pie, or topped with crushed cookies, candies, or fruit, vanilla pudding is sure to please every taste bud. Instant pudding is okay, but homemade is the absolute best! This recipe is one of my family's favorites. It's simple, incredibly easy to make, and only requires five ingredients.
- 3 Tbs. Cornstarch
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add milk while stirring mixture.
- Pour into a large saucepan.
- Heat to boiling over direct heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil gently for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and add vanilla. Stir.
- Pour pudding into individual cups or a large bowl. Containers should be rinsed with cold water before putting the pudding into them.
- Chill until firm.
Enjoy! This vanilla pudding is delicious topped with whipped cream or crushed fruit of your choice.
More by this Author
A quick and easy recipe for sugar cookies. No eggs required!
A quick and easy peanut butter cookie recipe that the whole family will love!
A simple, delicious main dish the whole family will love!
No comments yet.