Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Strawberries are my all-time favorite fruit. They offer a variety of health benefits and can be enjoyed in many different ways. I love to eat them for breakfast, washed up and sliced, all by themselves. Yum!
Strawberries can also be enjoyed as a delectable dessert. Strawberry shortcake is one of my favorites, and it is incredibly easy to make. This homemade recipe only requires a few ingredients and doesn't take much time to whip up. Enjoy a taste of summer year-round with a simple, delicious, homemade strawberry shortcake.
- Low Fat Frozen Yogurt, Vanilla
- 1 package Fresh Strawberries
- Baking Mix, Jiffy, Bisquick, or Baker's Corner work great!
- 1 can Whipped Cream
- Wash and slice strawberries.
- Place them in a container. Add 3–4 teaspoons of sugar to the strawberries. Stir, mixing well.
- Place the strawberries in the refrigerator.
- Prepare shortcakes according to package directions.
- Place shortcakes in the oven according to package directions, flipping shortcakes over halfway through.
- Remove shortcakes from pan and allow to cool for five minutes. Take the strawberries out of the refrigerator.
- Cut each shortcake in half using a bread knife.
- Place one half of a shortcake in a bowl.
- Put a scoop of low fat frozen vanilla yogurt on top of the shortcake.
- Place one or two spoonfuls of strawberries on top.
- Place the other shortcake half on top and add a scoop of frozen yogurt.
- Add one or two spoonfuls of strawberries.
- Top with whipped cream.
Steps 12 and 13
Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of chocolate milk.
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Alyssa