Delicious Lemon Pudding Recipe
How to Make Lemon Pudding
This is the recipe for my delicious Lemon Pudding. This is my family's favorite dessert dish at the moment.
I do have a number of pudding recipes that they ask me to make, but this lemon pudding one is always first on their list. I have tried to teach them how to make this delicious pudding, but they tell me that it is much easier for them and tastes better if I make it, so I don't protest too much. It's nice to know that they still like my cooking.
There is no secret, it is just a matter of following the recipe!
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
3 x eggs
1 x tablespoon self-raising flour
grated rind and juice of one lemon
pinch of salt
1 x tablespoon of sugar extra
If you would like it a little more tart than sweet, use 2 lemons.
- Separate eggs, beat yolks with 1/2 a cup of sugar until light and creamy, beat in milk, sifted flour, rind, and juice of top, lemon(s) and add salt.
- Beat egg whites adding extra sugar gradually, continue beating until stiff but not dry. Lightly fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into greased, deep, 2-pint ovenproof dish.
- Stand in a shallow pan of cold water.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
If you think it is cooking too fast on the top, put a piece of tin foil on top, so it doesn't get too brown before it's cooked right through.
Ready for the Oven
I hope that makes sense. There should be enough mixture for four healthy servings.
You can dress it with pure cream, fresh or frozen yoghourt.
It is scrumptious served hot, but it is also very nice served cold from the fridge.
Questions & Answers
© 2010 oliversmum