I'm a mom from the beautiful country of the Philippines, who loves cooking for her kids.
What Is Mango Float?
The Philippines is known as the mango capital of the world. During special occasions, particularly the Christmas season, Filipinos love to indulge in and enjoy mango floats. I love this dish so much that I prepare it whenever I have a craving! I enjoy its soft, fluffy cream, and fresh mango flavor. It's so easy to prepare that anyone, even a seven-year-old child, can make one themselves. I hope you will enjoy this special dessert and share it with your loved ones!
Here are a few tips for choosing the sweetest mango:
- Yellow in color
- No dark spots
- Fragrant aroma
Familiarize yourself with the smell when buying ripe mangoes to make sure you don't end up eating mango float with a sour face!
Rate This Dish!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
8 hours 10 min
- 3–6 slices mango
- 1 box graham crackers
- 1 pack graham crackers, crushed
- 1 can all-purpose cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Set out all of the ingredients and materials on the table for easy access and quick assembly.
- Add the all-purpose cream and sweetened condensed milk into a mixing bowl. Mix it well and set aside in the refrigerator to chill the mixture.
- Peel the mangoes and cut 4–6 slices.
- Add a layer of graham crackers into the bottom of a square or rectangular container. Spread 1/4 of the cream mixture on top of the crackers, and then place a few mango slices on top. Top it off with a layer of crushed graham crackers.
- Repeat the layering processes until you top everything with the cream mixture on top.
- Garnish the top with a few mango slices or cherries for a more festive look.
- Cover the container and place it inside the fridge to chill overnight.
- Slice the float into your desired serving sizes and enjoy!
© 2012 jujanester
Cristy mosquera on October 19, 2018:
Yummy mango float
Thelma Alberts from Germany on June 22, 2017:
Yummy! I love mango float.
jujanester (author) from Philippines on July 31, 2012:
..thank you devisree! It's surely worth the try!
devisree from India on July 31, 2012:
I had gone through your recipe.Nicely presented.Surely i will try.