Easy-to-Make Graham Balls
I was looking for something to eat for a snack when I saw a small container in the neighborhood retail store with something like small balls carefully wrapped in colored plastic. When I asked the storekeeper what they were, she answered that they were homemade graham balls. I got curious as to what it would taste like so I bought a few pieces. When I opened the wrapper, I saw a small, round, colored brown ball. I sniffed the brown object, and it has the smell of graham crackers.
- 2 packs of crushed Graham crackers
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 pack marshmallows
- In a bowl, I combined 1½ packs of the crushed graham crackers with the condensed milk. Then I mixed them well. The sweetness of the mixture depends upon your taste.
- Set aside the remaining half pack of crushed graham biscuits to be used later.
- I then put a small amount of the mixture in my hand, flattened it a little bit with my fingers, and then added a piece of the marshmallow in the center.
- I closed it by forming a small ball using my fingertips.
- Afterwards, I rolled the graham balls over the crushed graham or powdered milk.
- I put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes for it cool down a bit. Then it was ready for serving. Some people also roll them over desiccated coconut or colorful chocolate sprinkles to make them look more appetizing.
I Loved These and Wanted to Make My Own
I am familiar with graham crackers because we always use it when making crema de fruta, a popular Filipino dessert usually served during special occasions like Christmas, New Year's, and birthdays. It is like a cake made of alternating layers of cream, graham crackers, gelatin, and fruits. And so after liking the smell, I tried biting it. I may say that it tasted good; it has a marshmallow inside, and even though I do not really like marshmallows. Still, it was good, and it did not affect the overall taste. I liked it so much that I bought some again in the following days and shared them with my niece and nephews. Then seeing that they also like it, I decided to make some instead of always buying at the store. That way, I can make more pieces at a lesser cost. So I searched the internet for the ingredients and the procedure as I am wasn't brave enough to ask the storekeeper on how to do it. I was surprised to know that it doesn't involved any cooking, and the ingredients are easy to find. Then last Thursday, I bought the ingredients and create my first batch of super quick and easy to make graham balls.