Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking copious amounts of coffee.
Sometimes you just get a hankering to bake. This nut cake is perfect parts sweet and salty. The golden-brown crust combined with the honey-roasted peanuts give this snack a satisfying crunch. Not into peanuts? Simply substitute your favorite nut. Serve it warm with butter and a cup of coffee, and you've got a delicious breakfast, midday treat, or evening bite.
This recipe is simple and easy to whip up. It will soon become a household favorite!
Read More From Delishably
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup nuts (I used honey-roasted peanuts)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to sift, mixing all ingredients well.
- Pour 1/2 cup milk into a measuring cup. Crack the egg into the measuring cup and beat well.
- Add milk and beaten egg to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of milk and melted butter into the mixture. Stir well.
- Stir in the nuts. I used honey roasted peanuts, but you can use your favorite type of nut in this cake.
- Generously grease a loaf pan with butter. Add in mixture.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Generously butter the crust.
- Cut into slices. Serve warm with a side of butter and a hot mug of coffee. Enjoy!
© 2021 Alyssa