Raw Raspberry White-Chocolate Cake
Are Raw Cakes Popular?
Raw cakes are now a common thing. They are not so special as they were at the beginning when we first heard about them. It was during my first pregnancy that it came to my ear that one confectionary in Ljubljana makes raw cakes. So I gave them a try. And yes, it was really delicious cake, I can still remember, it was a choco-mint one.
How It Continued
After that one, I have tried several more and was really excited about how tasty they are. They were really good but also expensive. Then I gave birth and after 5 months being at home, I realized that I have time to make myself some nice sweet treats. I remembered those cakes and said to myself why don't give it a try. My baking cakes were not so good at the time, so trying a raw one seemed a good idea.
Did It End Well?
I took my time, browsed the internet, borrowed some books. It all seemed so complicated. Then I've found a book called (authors Matthew Rogers and Tiziana Alipo Tanborra). I bought it to have it there all the time with me. It still seemed so complicated. I read it through and through. Then I just said to myself that it's time to try one dessert out of the book. And there it was, in the chapter Cheesecakes. Sweet Gratitude
Cashew Nuts, Cocoa Butter, and Raspberries
The filings of the raw cheesecakes are mainly made out of cashew nuts, some sweetener, and oil or fat (coconut oil, cocoa butter). Then you can put on different fluid (non-diary milk, juice), fruits, and other ingredients that you love (cocoa, coconut, etc). This one contains cashew nuts, cocoa butter, agave syrup, almond milk, lemon juice, and raspberries. For the finish, I have also added cocoa. You can use strawberries, cherries, blueberries, rice milk, oat milk, try different combinations. You can also use a mix of avocado and coconut oil instead of cocoa butter. All you need to have is a blender.
- 1+3/4 cups ground almonds
- 5 spoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup date paste
- pinch vanilla
- 1/8 tea spoon salt
- 3 cups cashew nuts, soaked overnight
- 1+1/2 almond milk
- 3/4 cups agave syrup
- 2 spoons lemon juice
- pinch vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 cup melted cocoa butter
- 2 cups raspberries
- 3 spoons cocoa powder
How to Make It
- First, you have to make the base. For the base mix together ground almonds, cocoa powder (if you don't like cocoa, you can skip it), date paste, vanilla, and salt. You don't have to blend it, you can stir with the spoon.
- Take the pan and grease it with coconut oil or use baking paper. Spread the base all over the pan.
- Now make the filling. Use a blender and blend well together cashew nuts, almond milk, agave syrup, lemon juice vanilla, and salt. Melt the cocoa butter in a pot above the heated water. Put the melted cocoa butter in a mixture. Blend well.
- Take the pan with the base and put half of the raspberries on the base. Then use half of the filling and pour it on the base and raspberries.
- Put the remaining rasberries in the remaining filling and blend well.
- Pour half of the new filling on the one that is already on the base.
- Put the cocoa powder on the filing that has left, blend well and pour it on the other fillings. For the finish make some swirls with the tip of the knife.
- Put in the refrigerator for 4 hours or more.
© 2016 Ksenija