How to Bake the Perfect Orange Cake
All in One Bowl! The Perfect Orange Cake
A tasty cake doesn't have to be complicated to make; I've found that the easiest and fastest cakes are often just as delicious as the more complicated ones. My orange cake calls for only a few ingredients and doesn't take much time to prepare. Plus, you can mix the entire recipe in just one bowl!
- 1 cup orange juice (preferably fresh-squeezed, but not required)
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from 2 oranges (not mandatory, but recommended)
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice, oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Add the flour gradually and mix the batter until it is smooth with no lumps.
- Add the orange zest and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking pan (you can divide the batter into two English cake molds or a standard-sized mold baking pan).
- Bake in the oven at 180-190 degrees until an inserted skewer or knife comes out clean or with slightly moist crumbs.
- Let the cake cool and garnish with powdered sugar