11 Culinary Tips and Hints to Use in the Kitchen
Cooking And Kitchen Tips And Hints
I love shortcuts or an easier way to do things in my kitchen. I have compiled some that might come in handy for you too! You are never too old to learn something new! Happy cooking and baking!
Use Baking Soda to Put Out Kitchen Fires!
Every kitchen, I am sure has a box of baking soda to put out grease fires, if not you should purchase one. It smothers the fire and puts it out! I have had a few fires in my time, but nothing too bad. I went walking one time and left a skillet cooking when I remembered, I found out I can still run! Someone was watching over this forgetful Grannie! Everything was fine when I returned.
Peel Bananas Like Monkeys!
- Do you have trouble peeling a banana, well just try the other end you might find that easier? Monkeys do!
Easy Way to Remove Seeds From a Pomegranate
- Do you love pomegranates but hate taking the seeds out. Cut it into and hold it upside down over a bowl and whack it with a wooden spoon. Give it a try!
How to Caramelize Onions
- Caramelizing onions can take a little time, you can speed up the process by adding a pinch of baking soda. It causes the onions to cook faster and taste sweeter.
Peel A Whole Head Of Garlic In One Minutes Or Less!
- Peel a whole head of garlic in one minute or less. Take two bowls the same size, place the head of garlic in one bowl, put the other one on top and hold together and give it some good shaking. You will end up with peeled garlic cloves!
Cooking Guide For Microwave Corn On Cob In Minutes!
This is an easy way to cook corn on the cob. Take off any outer husk that is dirty. Cut the bottom end off of the corn. Get a paper towel and moisten, lay in the microwave. Lay the number of ears of corn you want to cook on the paper towel.
Guide for cooking corn on the cob in the microwave:
1 ear corn- 2 minutes
2 ears corn- 3-4 minutes
3 ears corn- 5-6 minutes
4 ears corn-7-8 minutes
6 ears corn- 8-9 minutes
Time can vary depending on your microwave.
Peel Ginger Root With A Spoon! So Easy!
- Use the edge of a spoon to peel the skin off of ginger, it just comes right off.
4 More Kitchen Tips!
- Need to skin a tomato, just place in the microwave for 30 seconds, let set two minutes the skin will slide off.
- To keep sticky ingredients like shortening, honey, peanut butter, just spray the measuring cup with cooking spray.
- Make your own fruit and vegetable wash, fill a spray bottle with 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, give it a shake to mix, it will bubble some!
- Before cutting hot peppers, rub vegetable oil on hands so the chili oil does not get on your skin or simply wear plastic gloves.
Questions & Answers
© 2016 Margie Lynn