Culinary Tips And Hints To Use in The Kitchen
Cooking And Kitchen Tips And Hints
I love short cuts or an easier way to do things in my kitchen. I have compiled some that might come in handy for you too! You are never too old to learn something new! Happy cooking and baking!
Use Baking Soda to Put Out Kitchen Fires!
Every kitchen, I am sure has a box of baking soda to put out grease fires, if not you should purchase one. It smothers the fire and puts it out! I have had a few fires in my time, but nothing too bad. I went walking one time and left a skillet cooking, when I remembered, I found out I can still run! Someone was watching over this forgetful Grannie! Everything was fine when I returned.
Peel Bananas Like Monkeys
Do you have trouble peeling a banana, well just try the other end you might find that easier. Monkeys do!
Do you love pomegranates but hate taking the seeds out. Cut it into and hold it upside down over a bowl and whack it with a wooden spoon. Give it a try!
Caramelizing onions can take a little time, you can speed up the process by adding a pinch of baking soda. It causes the onions to cook faster and taste sweeter.
You can make you own popcorn in the microwave with a microwave-safe bowl and plate. Add ¼ cup popcorn kernels into the bowl, cover with a plate. Microwave for 2 minutes 45 seconds, may vary with microwaves. Nothing else needed just the popcorn kernels.
Peel A Whole Head Of Garlic In One Minutes Or Less!
Peel a whole head of garlic in one minute or less. Take two bowls the same size, place the head of garlic in one bowl, put the other one on top and hold together and give it some good shaking. You will end up with peeled garlic cloves!
Need to skin a tomato, just place in the microwave for 30 seconds, let set two minutes the skin will slide off.
To keep sticky ingredients like shortening, honey, peanut butter, just spray the measuring cup with cooking spray.
Make your own fruit and vegetable wash, fill a spray bottle with 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, give it a shake to mix, it will bubble some!
Before cutting hot peppers, rub vegetable oil on hands so the chili oil does not get on your skin or simply wear plastic gloves.
Cooking Guide For Microwave Corn On Cob In Minutes!
This I a a easy way to cook corn on the cob. Take off any outer husk that are dirty. Cut the bottom end off of the corn. Get a paper towel and moisten, lay in the microwave. Lay the number of ears of corn you want to cook on the paper towel.
Guide for cooking corn on cob in microwave:
1 ear corn- 2 minutes
2 ears corn- 3-4 minutes
3 ears corn- 5-6 minutes
4 ears corn-7-8 minutes
6 ears corn- 8-9 minutes
Time can vary depending on your microwave.
Peel Ginger Root With A Spoon! So Easy
- Use the edge of a spoon to peel the skin off of ginger, it just comes right off.
- Wrap your celery, lettuce, broccoli in foil and it will last for weeks.
- Use pasta and the potato water that has been cooled on your house plants, they have nutrients your plants will love.
- For fluffy and less un-popped kernels, soak the popcorn in water for 10 minutes, drain and pop as usual.
- Do you need to wash 20 pounds of potatoes or more? Place them in the top rack of your dishwasher, turn to the quick rinse cycle and they are clean in no time!
- After chopping onions your hands have a strong odor, just wash and rub on a stainless steel faucet or spoon.
- Add a pinch of salt when boiling eggs, this keeps them from cracking while cooking.
Delicious Recipes to Try!
- Curried Chicken Salad Recipe-Deliciously Good!
You have a chicken that you need to cook, Curried Chicken Salad would be a good way to use it! Something different from the traditional chicken salad.
- Let’s Party! The Best Appetizers And Snack Recipes!
Let’s party, with these addicting cheesy sausage, caramelized Vidalia onions, Guacamole and veggie pizza dips and snacks recipes!
- Southern Cooking Comfort Food Recipes
Need some Southern Comfort Food? These are just a few of my favorites! Hummingbird Cake, meat loaf, sweet potatoes fries, homemade lemonade and chicken fried venison just to name a few!
- Lovers of Chocolate Recipes Galore
Lovers of chocolate, I have recipes galore to satisfy your chocolate sweet tooth! Cookies, cakes, pies, and chocolate coated bacon! Yes I said bacon!
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Looking for a scrumptious pound cake recipe, try Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. You will not be disappointed!
© 2016 Margie Lynn