Apple Cinnamon Jam
This is one of my all time favourite jams. It is better than grandma's apple pie. I use it on toast, pancakes, and sometimes even ice-cream. I can't keep enough of this in the house... it usually disappears in about a week. The requests for it never end. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
What you will need:
- 3 LB Pie apples
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1.5 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 4 Cups Sugar
- 0.5 Cups Brown sugar
- 1 Pkg Pectin powder
First thing we want to do is get some good music playing.
Now we can start canning.
1. Peel, core and dice apples
2. Add apples, lemon juice and water to a pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
After you have started the boiling process you want to get your 7 250ML jars and lids ready, jars need to be pre boiled and the lids placed in a bowl filled with boiling water.
3. Mash mix till its smooth but still has some chunks in it.
4. Stir in pectin and cinnamon.
Bring mixture back to a boil and stir in sugars.
5. Hard boil for 1 minute.
Remove from heat.
6. Scoop into 7 250ml jars and process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
Cool for 24 hours.