Crock-Pot Cinnamon Apples
Recipes With Cinnamon and Apples
Cinnamon and apples are a great combination. Whether it be in an apple pie, apple crisp, homemade applesauce, or baked apple slices, cinnamon always makes this nutritious fruit even better. Here is a quick and simple recipe that involves the Crock-Pot. You can serve this as a dessert with whipped cream, for breakfast with pancakes, or as a side at Thanksgiving dinner. However you choose to serve it, it will be enjoyed by all.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apples
- 9 tart apples, Jonathan apples are a great choice
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar, less if you use sweet apples
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, it is better to use too much than too little
- 1 1/2 Tablesppon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 6 Tablespoons butter, sliced
- First, peel apples. (If you would like to add nutrients to your dish, skip this step.)
- Second, core and slice apples. The larger the slices, the more intact the apples will be. With smaller slices, you'll end up with a smoother mixture that has apple chunks.
- Put apple slices into a Crock-Pot.
- Add all ingredients, except butter.
- Then mix so that it coats all the apple slices with the mixture.
- Place butter on top in several slices.
- Place Crock-Pot on high and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. (You may also place it on low for 4 hours.)
- Halfway through, stir the mixture, making sure to scrape the bottom as a darker mixture will sink to the bottom.
- Cool slightly, serve, and enjoy!
Photo GuideClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 3 g|
|Carbohydrates 73 g||24%|
|Sugar 60 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 15 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Questions & Answers
© 2012 Angela Michelle Schultz