How to Make Fried Bananas
Fried bananas are everyone's favorite in Malaysia. Anywhere you go, you will see street vendors these as snacks.
I made fried bananas almost every weekend to enjoy with my family. We loved having having them while we were chatting. Sometimes I lose count of how many I've had. The starchy flavor and the crispy batter on the outside taste so good with sweet condiments, such as maple syrup, condensed milk, cinnamon sugar, or even chocolate syrup.
It's super easy to make as you needed only a few ingredients. Let's see what we need.
- Bananas (I used plantains)
- 8 tablespoons of rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Oil for frying
- Prepare the batter: In a bowl, combine the rice flour, turmeric powder, and a pinch of salt. Add water slowly to make a smooth and paste - like batter. Set aside. Do not add too much water, as the batter will get thin.
- Cut the banana half, and cut across into chunks.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a higher heat.
- Dip the bananas into the batter, and try to coat it evenly.
- Fry the bananas for a few minutes or until it turn into golden brown.
- Keep the leftover batter in the fridge, and use it for another time.
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Liza Ikram