Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Coconut is a very nutritious fruit. It is rich in several minerals and fibre, as well as healthy fats, the very beneficial medium-chain triglycerides, which are directly absorbed from the small intestine and used quickly for energy. This fruit is a source of many coconut products including coconut milk, cream, oil, flour and desiccated coconut powder.
Coconut flour and desiccated coconut powder are frequently used in baking and cooking. It is worthwhile, therefore, to keep these items on hand. Better still to learn how to make them at home.
Here is my easy recipe with useful tips to ensure your desiccated coconut powder turns out well every time.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
70 to 75 grams
- 1 medium-sized mature, fresh coconut, ensure the coconut has water in it by shakng it
- Dehusk and break the coconut into two. Pry away the meat from the shell.
- Peel the brown skin from the white meat and then chop it into small pieces.
- Pulse the coconut pieces in a grinder or food processor until well ground.
- Dry-roast the ground coconut meat on low heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching, until all of the moisture has dried up. Do not brown the coconut powder. This took about 20 minutes for me.
- Transfer to a plate and let it cool down completely. Then transfer to an airtight bottle and store in the refrigerator.
How to Make Desiccated Coconut Powder at Home
© 2022 Rajan Singh Jolly