How to Make Your Own Baked Pumpkin Seeds
This is the time of year to go to your favorite pumpkin patch and pick out the perfect pumpkin to carve. After the kids carve them, don't forget to save the seeds for baking. It's a tradition in our family to roast the seeds after scraping out the insides. Roasted pumpkin seeds are easy to prepare and make a wonderful snack. Here is my recipe.
- Pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried
- Olive oil, (layer bottom of baking sheet)
- Your choice of seasoning, such as Lawry's Season Salt,, ranch dressing seasoning mix, or popcorn cheese salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate the seeds from the fleshy fibers.
- In a colander, rinse, drain, and dry the seeds with a paper towel.
- Spread olive oil on the bottom of a baking sheet.
- Spread the seeds evenly in a single layer.
- Sprinkle them with Lawry's Salt or other seasoned salt of your choice.
- Bake the seeds for approximately 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir them at least once during the baking process to help them brown evenly and to prevent burning and sticking.
- Let the seeds cool before eating.
Note: Place the baking sheet on the bottom rack for the best results. This will help prevent seeds from burning and/or starting an oven fire from the oil.
Baked Pumpkin Seeds
Baking Pumpkin Seeds After CarvingClick thumbnail to view full-size
Pumpkins Seedsview quiz statistics
Questions & Answers
© 2011 Linda Rogers