Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Make Roasted Banana in Less Than 15 Minutes!
Roasted bananas are crispy and spicy, and making this snack is easy because it requires only a few ingredients. Another benefit of this snack is the cooking technique: the recipe calls for pan-frying rather than deep-frying, which means that it's healthier.
This dish is a good accompaniment for any meal that contains rice as the main course, or you can simply serve it as a snack.
Let me show you the recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 2 raw bananas, peeled, chopped into long slices
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste, or crush 1/4 inch ginger and 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 2 pinches turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4-5 tablespoons oil, for pan-frying
- 1/2 teaspoon rasam or sambar powder (optional, gives good taste)
- Peel the bananas. Slice lengthwise in order to get large slices. Immerse the slices in water and then strain.
- Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil. Add some salt. Immerse banana slices in the salted water and let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the stove. Drain the water. Set the slices aside.
- In a blender or mixer, add grated coconut, ginger, garlic, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, rice powder, turmeric powder, salt, and optional rasam/sambar powder.
- Grind, adding some water, to get a smooth and thick paste. Collect the paste in a bowl.
- Heat a pan. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Dip the slices into the batter. Place them in the hot pan. Keep the flame medium-high. Add a few drops of oil on the edges and on top. Roast the bottom side and then flip.
- Add a few drops of oil on the top. Roast the other side. Remove them from the pan when they become crispy and golden brown on both sides.
- Now, make the next batch in the same way. Finish roasting all the slices.
- Your yummy roasted bananas are ready to munch! You can eat them as is or use them as a side dish for rasam rice, curd rice, or any other meal. Enjoy!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on October 19, 2017:
Thanks. It is a quick recipe. We normally make it just some time before having our meal. It will be crispy when hot. It is a best side dish for any type of meal. Please try it.
peachy from Home Sweet Home on October 18, 2017:
I had never seen a toast banana like that, awesome with the spice!