Tasty Snacks: Roasted or Pan-Fried Banana
Raw Banana Roast or Pan-Fried Banana
Make Roasted Banana in Less Than 15 Minutes!
I made roasted bananas as a snack. I used a single banana, and I got about eight roasted pieces. It was enough for two people. These pan-fried bananas are healthier than the deep-fried ones, as they contain less oil. They are a good accompaniment for a meal that contains rice as the main course. You can even munch them as is. They are spicy and delightful snacks.
Let me show you the recipe.
- 2 raw banana, peeled, chopped into long slices
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp rice flour
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, or crush 1/4 inch ginger and 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds/saunf
- 2 pinches turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 4-5 tbsp oil, for pan-frying
- 1/2 tsp rasam powder or sambar powder, optional, gives good taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Roasted or Pan-Fried Banana
- Peel banana. Slice lengthwise so that you will get big-sized slices. Immerse them in water. Strain them.
- Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil. Add some salt. Immerse banana slices in it. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the stove. Drain the water. Set the slices aside.
- Put grated coconut, ginger, garlic, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, rice powder, rasam/sambar powder(optional), turmeric powder, and salt into a blender or mixer.
- Grind them, adding some water, to get a smooth and thick paste. Collect it in a bowl.
- Heat a pan. Add one tablespoon oil. Dip the slices into the batter. Place them one near the other on the hot pan. Keep the flame medium high. Add a few drops of oil on the edges and on the top. Roast the bottom side. Flip them.
- Add a few drops of oil on the top. Roast the other side also. Remove them from the pan when they become crispy and golden brown on both the sides.
- Now, make the next batch, the same way like earlier. Finish roasting all the slices.
- Your yummy roasted bananas are ready to munch! You can eat them as is or use them as a side dish for rasam rice, curd rice, or any other meal. Enjoy the taste!
Nutritional Information of Raw Banana Roast or Pan-Fried Banana
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 26 g||9%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 5 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|