Apple-Grape Salad: A Family Recipe
As the temperature warms up and the days get longer, I start to crave those summery, picnic type foods. Grilling out and having backyard style barbecues are my one of my favorite ways to spend time with family and friends. There's nothing better.
My husband introduced me to apple-grape salad ten years ago. It was one of his favorite dishes growing up. A little coaxing was involved to get me to try it. Once I did, I loved it. It's tangy and sweet, light and refreshing - a perfect spring or summer side dish or snack!
This recipe is incredibly simple and you only need four ingredients. Have the kids help out washing the fruit, slicing the grapes, or mixing in the sauces. My son particularly enjoys the latter two tasks. It's a dish the whole family will love!
Here's what you need.
- 1 Bag Red Delicious Apples
- 1 Bag Seedless Grapes, Red or Green
- Mayonnaise, Miracle Whip tastes great.
- Wash apples and grapes well.
- Begin by cutting up the apples into bite sized pieces. Put the pieces in a large mixing bowl.
- Slice grapes in half and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add in mustard and mayonnaise to taste, mixing thoroughly.
- Allow apple grape salad to chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy as a delicious side dish or as a snack.