Thelma is a former field editor for "Taste of Home" magazine and has a huge collection of recipes submitted to her from cooks across the US.
How to Make Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is a convenient dish to make any time of the year, especially in the summer. Good cooks usually have a supply of pasta in their pantries and fresh vegetables and cheese on hand. The ease of preparing this dish comes with an "anything goes" attitude that allows you to add ingredients your family enjoys. You start out with a box salad mix as a base and then let your imagination take it in any direction you like.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves six people
- 1 package Suddenly Salad Caesar Pasta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 oz. can chicken breast chunks
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cut in small chunks
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Cook pasta in boiling water as the package indicates.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, milk, and seasoning package from the box mix. Be sure to incorporate all of the seasonings into the mayonnaise and milk.
- Add cucumber and tomatoes to the seasoning in the bowl.
- By this time, the pasta should be finished cooking. You can check for doneness by removing a piece from the pot. Cool under running water and then taste to be sure tender. Or, you can press a piece of the pasta against the side of the pot with a fork and see if the fork pierces the pasta easily.
- Pour the cooked pasta into a colander and run cold water over it until it is cooled. Let drain completely, then pour into bowl with seasoning, tomatoes, etc.
- Drain the can of chicken completely. Using your fingers, break the chicken chunks up while putting them in the bowl.
- Add cheese to the bowl and distribute all ingredients well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving. This will give time for the flavors to meld.
- Serve with an assortment of crackers or sliced crusty bread.
© 2018 Thelma Raker Coffone