Easy Chorizo Kale Pasta
Improvising With Kale and Pasta
This recipe came about one day as the result of forgetting to pull something from the freezer for dinner yet again. I had limited options in the fridge—and as much as I loved the idea of chorizo toast and eggs for dinner, it was missing one important component: the vegetables. All I had left in the fridge was kale, and shopping was a day away.
My whole family loved the resulting dish, and now my partner asks for it at least once per month. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 pound linguini
- 1 pound chorizo, ground
- 5 cups kale, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Gather and prepare all of the ingredients.
- Boil the linguini according to the package instructions and drain.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Sear the chorizo in the pan, breaking it up into crumbles.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan and set aside. Sauté the onion until translucent; then add the kale and garlic, sautéing until wilted and fragrant.
- Add the chorizo back into the pan. Add chicken stock, vinegar, oil, and cooked linguini. Bring up to a simmer; then remove from heat.
- Fold in the grated Parmesan cheese and mix until it appears to have dissolved into the sauce. Season to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
Questions & Answers
© 2020 Cassondria McLendon