Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
A Nutrient-Rich Meal in 25 Minutes!
I made avocado/butter fruit rice today for lunch. It was so delicious and creamy.
Avocados are a naturally nutrient-dense food that contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. They provide a substantial amount of monounsaturated fatty acids. They are a good source of energy and have a low sugar content.
I used cucumber, lemon, green chilies, and some seasonings, along with grated avocados, in this recipe. If you look into the other ingredients, all of them are known for their nutrients.
It took me about 25 minutes to make this rice dish for four people. Now, let me show you how to make this awesome avocado rice.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 1 heaping cup avocado (butter fruit), seed removed, peeled, grated
- 1 cup cucumber, grated
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 3 green chilies, slit and cut lengthwise
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon split chickpeas, or gram dal
- 1 teaspoon white lentils, or urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 1/6 teaspoon sugar, to balance the taste
- 1 1/2 cup raw white rice, cooked al dente
- Cook the rice al dente. Spread it on a plate. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan or wok. Throw in the mustard seeds. Let them splutter. Throw in the split chickpeas, white lentils, slit green chilies, and curry leaves.
- Saute till lentils become golden brown. Add the cooked rice. Mix with the seasonings.
- Add grated avocado/butter fruit, grated coconut, salt, and sugar. Mix well. Turn off the stove.
- Add grated cucumber when the mix is not very hot. Otherwise, if you add cucumber to the hot rice, it may get watery.
- Mix well. Your favorite butter fruit rice is ready!
You don't need any side dish for this. If you want, have a few potato wafers to make this meal delightful.