I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Curry powder is a spice mix that is commonly used in Indian cuisine. The mix typically includes fenugreek, chili peppers, coriander, cumin, and turmeric—although there are certainly regional variations, as well.
My love for Indian food, as well as Italian food, inspired me to create a dish combining ingredients from both cuisines: curry powder and spaghetti. Learn how I made a simple dish of spaghetti with curried tofu and mixed vegetables.
- 1 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, frozen
- 1/2 cup plain water
- 2 tablespoons coconut powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 100 grams firm tofu, cubed
- 300 grams spaghetti pasta, cooked
- 1 large bowl
- 3 medium bowls
- 2 small bowls
- 1 small plate
- chopping board
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
Read More From Delishably
- frying pan
- saute pan
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Heat large amount of oil in a pan. Fry tofu cubes until brown. Set aside.
- In a different pan, heat a small amount of oil. Saute onion first; then saute garlic. Add frozen vegetables. Stir.
- Add pasta water, plain water, curry powder, and coconut powder. Bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the fried tofu.
- Toss in pasta until well coated.
- Serve as is, or with a slice of bread.
The Finished Dish
Tips and Techniques
- Cut tofu into cubes so that each side can become crispy when cooked.
- Use pasta water to thicken the sauce.
- Adjust curry powder if needed. Some curry powder mixes are milder than others.
- Add other vegetables if preferred.
- Replace coconut powder with coconut milk, but make sure to reduce the same amount of pasta water.
Tasty International Tofu Recipes
- How to Make Tofu Bhurji: An Indian-Inspired Dish
Do you enjoy the flavors of Indian cuisine? I loved sampling Indian foods during my tour of the region. Let me show how to create a simple version of tofu bhurji, a dish I love making at home.
- Adobong Sitaw With Crunchy Fried Tofu: A Filipino-Inspired Dish
Have you ever tasted Filipino adobo? It is a popular dish from the Philippines, usually made with meat, that is savory, sour, and sometimes sweet. I created a vegetable version of this dish, which I call adobong sitaw with crunchy fried tofu.
© 2018 Travel Chef