Easy Ham and Peas Spaghetti in Cheesy Garlic Sauce Recipe
What I like about home cooking is it gives me the freedom to cook whatever I want. Everytime I crave for something, I just check my refrigerator and my pantry. Then simply mix and match my ingredients to come up with an outstanding dish.
Today, I craved for pasta with white sauce. Unfortunately, I don't have any parmesan cheese available so I decided to use my mix of cheddar and mozzarella. Not a bad choice because it turned out well! It resulted in a spaghetti version of mac and cheese. Feel free to try my ham and peas spaghetti in cheesy garlic sauce recipe.
- 250 grams spaghetti, cooked
- 2 pieces ham, cubed; cooked
- 1/2 piece chicken cube
- 3 cups pasta water
- 1/2 cup cheese, mixed (cheddar and mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup milk, warm
- 1/4 cup peas, cooked
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 7 Small Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
For Cooking the Dish:
- Boil salted water in a shallow pan or pot. Cook pasta according to packaging instructions.
- Cook garlic in a melted butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook it until turns light brown.
- Whisk in pasta water and add chicken cube. Gradually incorporate the milk.
- Add ham, peas and cheese into the mixture.
- Season it with salt and pepper. Bring the sauce to boil.
- Stir in cooked pasta. Serve immediately.
Tips and Techniques
- Replace plain water with starchy pasta water to make a thicker sauce.
- Add warm milk into the mixture to avoid it from curdling.
- Slowly incorporate the milk to create a smooth mixture.
- Use any kind of cheese available such as parmesan.
- Salt the water for the pasta to make it tastier.
© 2018 Dred Cuan