My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to enjoy their lives!
What I like about home cooking is that it gives me the freedom to cook whatever I want. Every time I crave something, I just check my refrigerator and pantry to see what's inside. Then, I simply mix and match my ingredients to come up with an outstanding dish.
Today, I craved pasta with white sauce. Unfortunately, I don't have any parmesan cheese, so I decided to use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella. It wasn't a bad choice because the result turned out well! It came out as a spaghetti version of mac and cheese. Feel free to try my recipe below.
- 250 grams spaghetti
- 2 pieces ham, cubed; cooked
- 1/2 piece chicken cube
- 3 cups pasta water
- 1/2 cup cheese, mixed (cheddar and mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup milk, warm
- 1/4 cup peas, cooked
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
For Preparing the Ingredients:
Read More From Delishably
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 7 Small Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
For Cooking the Dish:
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Boil salted water in a shallow pan or pot. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 3 cups pasta water.
- Cook garlic in melted butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook until garlic turns light brown.
- Whisk in pasta water and add chicken cube. Gradually incorporate the milk.
- Add ham, peas, and cheese into the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bring the sauce to boil.
- Stir in cooked pasta. Serve immediately.
Tips and Techniques
- Replace plain water with starchy pasta water to make a thicker sauce.
- Add warm milk into the mixture to avoid it from curdling.
- Slowly incorporate the milk to create a smooth mixture.
- Use any kind of cheese available such as parmesan.
- Salt the water for the pasta to make it tastier.
More Spectacular Spaghetti Recipes
- How to Make Longaniza and Mushroom Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Would you like to eat something different tonight? Enjoy a Spanish-Italian dish in the comfort of your home. Simply follow my recipe for longaniza and mushroom spaghetti aglio e olio.
- How to Make Spaghetti With Curried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables
Are you a fan of both Indian food and Italian food? Learn how I combined the tastes of these two popular cuisines into one delicious dish: spaghetti with curried tofu and mixed vegetables.
© 2018 Travel Chef