Pooja is getting her degree in history and loves cooking and creating veganised versions of her favourite foods.
I love tomatoes. They're probably my favourite vegetable. I also absolutely love rice dishes—so I found a way to bring them both together along with some more delicious veggies! This is perfect when you have lots of vegetables in your refrigerator that you want to finish because you can use whatever you have, and it'll still turn out delicious.
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of rice, cooked
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- You can add more jalapenos or hot sauce to make it spicier or leave the jalapeno completely if you don't want it spicy.
- You can add whatever vegetables you like. I usually add different ones each time.
- I garnished the dish with coriander but you can use spring onions, sesame seeds or even some chopped tomatoes!
- Add about 1 tbsp of oil to a non-stick pan and let it heat for about a minute on medium heat and then add the chopped onion, jalapeno, garlic and tomatoes. Let them cook for about 10 minutes until all four are well cooked.
- Then add the rest of the vegetables and salt (I add about half a tsp but you can use however much you like) and let them cook.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked, mix in the rice and garnish with the coriander leaves.
Let me know what you think of this recipe. If you enjoyed it, don't forget to share it!
© 2018 Pooja
Miriam Costa on August 03, 2020:
Very nice. Thanks
Byung A. Fallgren on November 09, 2019:
Looks so delicious. I'm going to make it.
Pooja (author) on August 08, 2018:
Haha I always look for easy thing to make too! I'm sure you're granddaughters will love it- I make it for my younger cousins all the time and they really like it!
Cynthia on August 07, 2018:
Looks really delicious and easy-- what I go for (along with healthy) this summer with my granddaughters here!