Shwetha Bhat is passionate about food and cooking. She loves to experiment in the kitchen and share recipes from her native Indian cuisine.
Easy and Spicy Pasta
Pasta is one of the most beloved and versatile dishes in the world. There are countless dishes that can be made using this grain.
The beauty of my recipe, below, is that you can alter it according to your taste buds and available ingredients. It's also hassle-free and easy to prepare.
Enjoy this healthy spicy pasta dish with vegetables.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 4-5 cups water, or as needed
- salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup pasta (any type)
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped lengthwise
- 1/2 cup capsicum, chopped lengthwise
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon green chili sauce, or as needed
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Place sweet corn kernels in a pot, add water and cook. Once it is cooked well, drain the water and set the corn aside.
- Chop carrots, capsicum, garlic cloves and green chilies. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add 3-4 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of oil and salt to taste. Bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add pasta to the boiling water, cook over medium flame until the pasta is cooked but not mushy. Switch off the flame.
- Drain the cooked pasta into the colander and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add garlic cloves and green chilies. Saute.
- Add chopped carrots and fry for 1 minute.
- Add cooked corn and salt to taste. Mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped capsicum and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cooked pasta and saute for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce and green chili sauce. Adjust salt if needed. Mix to combine pasta well with the sauce. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and switch off the flame. Pasta is ready to serve.
Step-by-Step Photo Guide
- Spice level: To make the dish less spicy, omit the green chilies and decrease the quantity of green chili sauce.
- Vegetable options: Add other vegetables like onion, tomato, beans, mushrooms, etc.
- Make it sweeter: Adding tomato sauce will make it sweeter.
- Make it colorful: I used only used green capsicum here, but you can also add red and yellow capsicum to make it more colorful.
- Be careful about salt: Soy sauce contains salt, so be careful when adding salt. You don't want it to become too salty.