Fenugreek Leaf Rice with Fresh Peas (Methi Rice)
Methi Rice or Fenugreek Leaf Rice With Fresh Peas
A Naturally Flavored Fenugreek Leaf Rice With Fresh Peas
I always like to use fresh fenugreek leaves with fresh peas. They pair well with rice dishes. This fenugreek (methi) leaf rice is naturally flavored with fenugreek leaves, garlic, black pepper corns, and cumin seeds.
Fenugreek is a good source of fiber. It also contains folic acid, vitamins, calcium, protein, and minerals. It is low-calorie and low-fat. This veggie has a special aroma that is truly appetizing.
Fresh peas are also good source of protein, dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. These green, pearly looking legumes are soft when cooked. They enhance the taste and look of the dish.
Let me now share with you fenugreek leaf rice with green peas (methi rice) recipe.
- 1 big heaped cup rice, washed, cooked al dente
- 1/4 cup fresh peas or frozen green peas
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green chilies, slit, cut lengthwise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 heaped cups fenugreek leaves, washed, pat dried, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 8 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 tsp oil
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Fenugreek Leaf Rice With Fresh Peas (Methi Rice)
- Wash rice. Cook them al dente. Spread it on a plate for cooling.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan or wok. Throw in mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add curry leaves, slit green chilies, minced garlic, crushed pepper corns, and crushed cumin seeds. Saute on a low heat for a minute. Now, you get a nice aroma of the roasted garlic, cumin, and peppercorns.
- Throw in fresh peas. Add some salt. Mix well. Increase the heat a little. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves. Continue sauteing for 4-5 minutes or till fenugreek leaves completely wilt and get cooked.
- Add cooked rice. Gently mix it with the other contents in the pan. Add remaining salt.
- Throw in grated coconut and lemon juice. Mix well. Simmer for a minute. Turn off the stove.
- Your favorite fenugreek leaf rice(methi rice) is ready!
- Enjoy eating this flavorful rice. You can also carry this healthy and guilt-free dish in your lunch box for school, office, or picnic.
Nutritional Information of Fenugreek Leaf Rice With Fresh Peas (Methi Rice)
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 12 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|