Healthy Breakfast: Semolina and Wheat Flour Pancake/Roti Recipe
These semolina and wheat flour pancakes are popularly called "Sajjige Rotti." They are a delicious and healthy breakfast. The main ingredients used here are wheat semolina, wheat flour, and yogurt/curd. You should eat this pancake hot with a dollop of butter and coconut chutney. They are smooth and flavorful, especially when eaten hot.
Making this pancake does not require a lot of planning. It is a very easy recipe and needs only a few ingredients. Ginger and onion give this pancake a special flavor. The leftover batter after making the pancakes can be stored in the refrigerator up to 2 days for future use.
- 2 small cups wheat semolina/wheat rava
- 1 small cup wheat flour
- 1 small cup yogurt/thick curd
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 small cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander/cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt, as per taste
- 1 small cup coconut, grated
- 1 tsp oil, for each pancake
Instructions for Making the Pancackes
- Take all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add one cup water. Mix well. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Mix once again. If the batter is too thick, add some water, bring it to idli batter consistency. That means you should be able to spread the batter on the griddle.
- Heat a griddle or pan. Grease it with some oil/butter/ghee. Pour one and a half ladle full of batter on it. Spread a little either with the ladle or with your fingers.
- Add few drops of oil/ghee on the top. Keep covered the pan for two minutes. Let the fire be medium. Once the bottom becomes golden brown, flip it. Add few drops of oil/ghee on it. Remove the pancake on a serving plate when both the sides are crispy. A pancake takes about 3-4 minutes to cook.
- Yummy semolina pancake is ready to serve. Serve hot with a dollop of butter and coconut chutney. Enjoy the taste.
|Serving size: 1 pancake|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|