I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
These wheat sooji-rava pancakes are popularly called sajjige rotti. They are a delicious and healthy breakfast. The main ingredients used here are wheat semolina, wheat flour, and yogurt/curd. You should eat this pancake hot with a dollop of butter and coconut chutney. They are smooth and flavorful, especially when eaten hot.
Making this pancake does not require a lot of planning. It is a very easy recipe and needs only a few ingredients. Ginger and onion give this pancake a special flavor. Leftover batter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups wheat sooji/wheat rava
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup yogurt/thick curd
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander/cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt, as per taste
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 1 teaspoon oil, for each pancake
How to Make Wheat Sooji-Rava Roti With Onions
- Take all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add one cup water. Mix well. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Mix once again. If the batter is too thick, add some water, bring it to idli batter consistency. That means you should be able to spread the batter on the griddle.
- Heat a griddle or pan. Grease it with some oil/butter/ghee. Pour one and a half ladle full of batter on it. Spread a little either with the ladle or with your fingers.
- Add few drops of oil/ghee on the top. Keep covered the pan for two minutes. Let the fire be medium. Once the bottom becomes golden brown, flip it. Add few drops of oil/ghee on it. Remove the pancake on a serving plate when both the sides are crispy. A pancake takes about 3-4 minutes to cook.
- Yummy semolina pancake is ready to serve. Serve hot with a dollop of butter and coconut chutney. Enjoy the taste.
Step-by-Step Photo Guide
© 2017 ShailaSheshadri