Healthy Garlic Fried Rice Recipe
Garlic fried rice has all the qualities of garlic, which is a superfood. This dish is so simple that it's hard to mess up, meaning anyone can make it! It only takes a few minutes to make, and it's a great side. Because there's so much garlic in it, this dish may even help settle an upset stomach.
Garlic has an attractive, strong smell. Fried garlic is tastier than the raw stuff. It has many health benefits, mainly due to a compound called "allicin." It is rich in nutrients and very few calories. Garlic allegedly helps reduce blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels.
Enjoy this nutritious and healthy garlic-based dish!
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons (or more!) garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 8 curry leaves, for tempering
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, for tempering
- 1/2 teaspoon black gram split, for tempering
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, for taste
How to Make Garlic Fried Rice
- Wash rice in water. Cook it al dente. See that the rice grains are separated from one another after cooking.
- Spread rice on a plate to cool.
- Heat butter or ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds to it. Let it crackle.
- Throw de-husked black gram split in. Add curry leaves. Fry till black gram turns golden.
- Add garlic. Fry on low fire until they turn golden. (Note: Take care not to burn the garlic, as this will give the whole dish a bitter flavor.)
- Now add cooked rice, pepper powder, lemon juice, and salt.
- Warm the mix for 2 minutes over low heat. Gently mix, so as to coat all the rice grains with the spices. Remove from heat.
- Garlic fried rice is ready to serve. Transfer it to a serving bowl. You can eat it just like that or eat with cucumber raita. Enjoy the taste!