Healthy Recipes: Garlic Fried Rice Recipe
Garlic fried rice has all the qualities of garlic, which is a super food. This dish is so simple that it's hard to mess up, meaning anyone can make it! It takes hardly a few minutes to make it. You can use this fried rice any time. Because there's so much garlic in it, this dish may even help settle an upset stomach.
Garlic has an attractive, strong smell. Fried garlic is tastier than the raw stuff. It has medicinal properties, mainly due to a compound called "allicin." It is rich in nutrients and very few calories. Garlic allegedly helps reduce blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels.
Enjoy this nutritious and healthy garlic-based dish!
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooked al dente
- 2 tbsp garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 8 curry leaves, for tempering
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, for tempering
- 1/2 tsp black gram split, for tempering
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice, for taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Garlic Fried Rice
- Wash rice in water. Cook it al dente. See that the rice grains are separated from one another after cooking. Spread it on a plate to cool.
- Heat butter or ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds to it. Let it crackle. Throw de-husked black gram split in. Add curry leaves. Fry till black gram turns golden.
- Add garlic. Fry on low fire until they turn golden. Now add cooked rice, pepper powder, lemon juice, and salt. Warm the mix for 2 minutes on a low fire. Gently mix, so as to coat all the rice grains with the spices. Turn off the fire.
- Garlic fried rice is ready to serve. Transfer it to a serving bowl. You can eat it just like that or eat with cucumber raita. Enjoy the taste!
- You can add more garlic cloves if you like.
- Cook garlic properly; do not burn it.