How to Cook Cheesy and Creamy Carbonara
Carbonara is a popular Italian pasta dish typically made with egg, hard cheese, cured meat, and pasta. Other variations may include vegetables such as mushrooms. Use cream as an alternative ingredient to replace the raw egg. This is the best option for those who aren't comfortable to add a fresh egg as part of their carbonara sauce. In this recipe, I am using a local brand of creamy sauce called Angel KremQueso. Angel is a popular brand of milk-based product in the Philippines. Follow the recipe below to enjoy this cheesy and creamy carbonara recipe.
- 250 grams spaghetti pasta, uncooked
- 270 ml Angel KremQueso, canned
- 1/2 cup bacon, cubed
- 1/4 cup button mushroom, slices
- 1/8 cup onion, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cooking oil
- 1 large bowl
- 3 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- Cook pasta according to packaging instruction. Set aside.
- Saute onion, bacon, and mushroom in a pan.
- Once done, add the Angel KremQueso sauce. Cook until a little bit thickened.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to sauce.
- Serve while still hot.
Tips and Techniques
- Replace KremQueso with regular cream and cheese.
- Use any meat alternatives aside from bacon.
- Caramelizing onions make it taste sweeter.
- As a rule of thumb, use white pepper in making a white sauce, and black pepper in making a brown sauce.
- Top with parmesan to give extra cheesy flavor.
- Best served with garlic bread on the side.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Dred Cuan