I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Carbonara is a popular Italian pasta dish typically made with egg, hard cheese, cured meat, and pasta. Other variations may include vegetables such as mushrooms. Traditionally, the recipe calls for adding a fresh egg to the sauce, but it's also possible to substitute cream for the egg. In this recipe, I am using a local brand of creamy sauce called Angel KremQueso. Angel is a popular brand of milk-based products in the Philippines.
- 250 grams spaghetti, uncooked
- 270 ml Angel KremQueso, canned
- 1/2 cup bacon, cubed
- 1/4 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 1/8 cup onion, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cooking oil
- 1 large bowl
- 3 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
Read More From Delishably
- Cook the pasta according to the package instruction. Set aside.
- Saute the onion, bacon, and mushroom in a pan.
- Add the Angel KremQueso sauce. Cook until it has thickened slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Garnish with bacon and serve while still hot.
Cheesy and Creamy Carbonara Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- If you don't have access to Angel KremQueso, you can substitute regular all-purpose cream and grated cheese.
- Use any meat alternatives aside from bacon.
- Caramelizing the onions make gives them a sweeter flavor.
- As a rule of thumb, use white pepper when making a white sauce, and black pepper when making a brown sauce.
- Top with Parmesan cheese for an extra cheesy flavor.
- Best served with garlic bread on the side.
More Mouthwatering Pasta Recipes
- How to Make Creamy Coconut Garlic Mushroom Pasta
What comes to your mind when you think about tropical cuisine? The first thing I think of is the delicious taste of coconut. Try my simple recipe for a creamy coconut garlic mushroom pasta.
- How to Make Spaghetti With Curried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables
Are you a fan of both Indian food and Italian food? Learn how I combined the tastes of these two popular cuisines into one delicious dish: spaghetti with curried tofu and mixed vegetables.
© 2019 Travel Chef