How to Cook Three-Ingredient Meaty Mac 'n' Cheese
Mac 'n' cheese, otherwise known as macaroni and cheese, is a popular main or side dish that is made with pasta and cheese. Some recipes incorporate additional ingredients, like meats and vegetables. It can be cooked on the stovetop or baked in the oven.
In order to minimize the number of ingredients and also to decrease the cooking time, I used Magnolia Cheezee Squeeze, a local brand here in the Philippines. As an alternative, you could replace this ingredient with Kraft Cheez Whiz.
For the Pasta:
- 150 grams macaroni
- 1 litre water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
For the sauce:
- 100 grams bacon
- 1/4 cup Magnolia Cheezee Squeeze (cheddar flavor)
- 1 large bowl
- 2 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- Chopping board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cooking spoon
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crispy.
- Add cheese sauce and cooked pasta.
- Cook everything until well blended.
Tips and Techniques
- Add salt to the pasta water in order to enhance the flavor.
- Do not add oil to the pasta water.
- Allow cooking water to come to the boil before adding the pasta. This lessens the cooking time and prevents the pasta from sticking together.
- Stir pasta constantly while cooking in order to prevent sticking.
- If you wish to make the cheese sauce thinner, add a bit of milk.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
- How to Cook Cheesy and Creamy Carbonara
Pasta is perfect for a snack, side dish, or main dish. Learn how to make a creamy and cheesy carbonara using my favorite local ingredient - Angel KremQueso.
- How to Make Longaniza and Mushroom Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Would you like to eat something different tonight? Enjoy a Spanish-Italian dish in the comfort of your home. Simply follow my recipe for longaniza and mushroom spaghetti aglio e olio.
© 2019 Travel Chef