I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
I always have canned sardines in my pantry at home. Why? Because I can eat it straight from the can, or I can cook it with a variety of other ingredients. Canned sardines come in several different formats as well, such as sardines in oil, sardines in tomato sauce, and fried sardines, to name few.
Undeniably, there are so many different recipe possibilities when it comes to canned sardines. Since I'm a huge fan of fried rice, I created a recipe using sardines in tomato sauce. I ate the finished dish with a boiled egg, and it turned out to be a simple yet delicious breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup mixed vegetables, frozen
- 80 grams sardines, in tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon spring onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- cooking oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
Read More From Delishably
- cooking spoon
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Sardines Fried Rice Step-by-Step Procedure
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Immediately add the butter.
- Saute garlic in butter and oil mixture.
- Add frozen vegetables.
- Stir in sardines with tomato sauce. Cut sardines into half using the cooking spoon.
- Mix in cooked rice. Cook for a couple of minutes while constantly stirring.
- Sprinkle in spring onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the fried rice. Turn off the heat.
Tips and Techniques
- Use freshly cut vegetables if available.
- Choose any vegetables available such as mushroom or cabbage.
- Add a small amount of oil while heating up the butter to prevent the latter from burning.
- Replace spring onions with regular onions if preferred. Saute it together with the garlic.
- For an extra kick, choose a spicy version of sardines in tomato sauce.
- Use leftover or a day-old fluffy rice to give a better texture.
Another Sardines Recipe
- How to Make Sardines in Tomato Sauce Dumplings
There are so many different kinds of dumplings in the world! Depending on the country, there may be several traditional, regional varieties. This is my recipe for Sardines in Tomato Sauce Dumplings.
© 2018 Travel Chef