How to Make Canned Sardines Fried Rice
I always have canned sardines in my pantry at home. Why? Because I can eat it straight from the can, or I can cook it with a variety of other ingredients. Canned sardines come in several different formats, as well, such as sardines in oil, sardines in tomato sauce, and fried sardines, to name few.
Undeniably, there are so many different recipe possibilities when it comes to canned sardines. Since I'm a huge fan of fried rice, I created a recipe using sardines in tomato sauce. I ate the finished dish with a boiled egg, and it turned out to be a simple yet delicious breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup mixed vegetables, frozen
- 80 grams sardines, in tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon spring onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- cooking oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- cooking spoon
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Immediately add the butter.
- Saute garlic in butter and oil mixture.
- Add frozen vegetables.
- Stir in sardines with tomato sauce. Cut sardines into half using the cooking spoon.
- Mix in cooked rice. Cook for a couple of minutes while constantly stirring.
- Sprinkle in spring onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the fried rice. Turn off the heat.
Tips and Techniques
- Use freshly cut vegetables if available.
- Add a small amount of oil while heating up the butter to prevent the latter from burning.
- Replace spring onions with regular onions if preferred. Saute it together with the garlic.
- For an extra kick, choose a spicy version of sardines in tomato sauce.
- Use leftover or a day-old fluffy rice to give a better texture.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan