How to Make Cheesy Garlicky Breakfast Fried Rice With Egg
Fried rice is a stir-fried dish using leftover or cooked rice. It is commonly mixed with meats, vegetables, dairy products, and condiments. This dish originated in China during the Sui dynasty. The most famous Chinese fried rice dish, Yang Chow, derives its name from Yangzhou, the city where the first-ever fried rice was prepared.
I love eating fried rice for breakfast. The recipe below is one of my favorite breakfast recipes, and it boasts the outstanding flavors of cheese and garlic. Follow the recipe below to discover how easy it is to prepare. Enjoy!
- 2 cups rice, leftover (cooked)
- 2 hot dogs, regular size
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1 fried garlic bits
- Cooking oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 5 small bowls
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- cooking oil
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan.
- Saute onion and hot dog.
- Add cooked rice. Mix until it is well blended.
- Mix in crispy fried garlic bits and cheese.
- Make an empty space at the middle of the pan. Put a little bit of oil. Pour and scramble the egg.
- When the egg is slightly cooked, mix everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
The Finished Dish
Tips and Techniques
- Use the leftover oil from our homemade crispy fried garlic bits to make the fried rice more flavorful.
- Use any type of cheese you prefer.
- Replace hot dog with any type of sausage.
- Do not overcook the egg so some will coat the rice after mixing.
- Make sure to use at least a day-old fluffy rice. Day-old rice has already released most of its moisture, which makes it perfect in making fried rice.
© 2018 Travel Chef