How to Make Creamy Coconut Garlic Mushroom Pasta
Coconut milk is the liquid that is produced when grating a mature coconut. It has a very rich flavor that adds a delightful depth to many different sweet and savory dishes containing meat, fish, seafood, fruits, and/or vegetables. Coconut milk is popular in Asia, the Caribbean, and parts of the United States. Nowadays, you don't need to grate a coconut in order to get the milk; instead, you can buy canned or powdered coconut milk at the store.
I love cooking with garlic, mushroom, and pasta. In this recipe, I created a dish that incorporates these three ingredients and adds coconut milk to the mix.
I used a powdered form of coconut milk because it's the only thing I had in my pantry. In order to use this form, it's necessary to first dilute the powder in water. If you have canned coconut milk, however, you can also use that. I explain how to do so in the "tips and techniques" section below.
Now let's look at how to make this simple yet delicious dish.
- 500 grams spaghetti pasta, cooked
- 1 cup pasta water
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 medium bowls
- 1 medium plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- tongs or cooking spoons
- Dilute coconut powder in pasta water and regular water.
- Heat the pan. Pour in the mixture.
- Add basil, garlic powder, oregano, and parsley. Make sure to dilute everything properly.
- Add mushrooms and allow it to simmer.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and mix.
- Serve while hot.
The Finished Dish
Tips and Techniques
- Replace spaghetti pasta with any kind of pasta.
- Thicken the pasta sauce by using reserved pasta water.
- Omit the herbs if they do not suit your taste.
- Use fresh coconut milk rather than coconut powder if available.
- When using coconut milk, omit the pasta water and lessen the plain water to achieve the right consistency in the sauce.
Tasty Spaghetti Pasta Recipes
- Easy Ham and Peas Spaghetti in Cheesy Garlic Sauce Recipe
Learn how to make a delicious ham and peas spaghetti in cheesy garlic sauce. The balance of the flavors and texture will surely satisfy your craving for pasta!
- How to Cook Cheesy and Creamy Carbonara
Pasta is perfect for a snack, side dish, or main dish. Learn how to make a creamy and cheesy carbonara using my favorite local ingredient - Angel KremQueso.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Travel Chef