Easy Creamy Pasta With Baby Bella Mushrooms
Simple Italian Comfort Food
When the weather turns cold, I begin to think about dinners that are warm and comforting. There's something about the fall and winter seasons that makes me want to cook comfort foods that everyone will enjoy.
Creamy pasta is one of my favorite classic Italian dishes. I love the simplicity of the dish. You'll be surprised that a recipe that is so easy can be so flavorful—the cream, mushrooms, and parsley combine perfectly to create a fabulous meal. I have now made this dish a few times for my family, and it's always a hit.
The main ingredients of this dish are olive oil, garlic, mushrooms (I used baby bella mushrooms), heavy cream, and pasta. If you wish to add some protein, you can include some shrimp or chicken. This dish is also very easy to adapt for vegans; simply use a vegan alternative to heavy cream.
If you have leftovers, save them in a container, keep it in the fridge, and eat it for lunch the next day! Leftover pasta is always yummy.
- 16 oz pasta (I used linguine)
- 125 ml heavy cream
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6-7 baby bella mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 3 teaspoons of salt to the water. Cook the pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to bite, about 11-12 minutes.
- Drain and transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute the garlic until it is slightly golden brown.
- Add the sliced mushrooms into the pan. Let the mushrooms saute for a few minutes before adding the heavy cream.
- Add the heavy cream to the pan and let it simmer for 1 minute before adding the pasta.
- Toss the pasta into the pan, mixing well.
- Add salt and pepper to the mixture and continue stirring for 1 minute.
- Give a quick stir to combine, then remove the pan from heat.
- Serve the pasta onto each plate. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Voila, serve immediately. Enjoy!
Photo TutorialClick thumbnail to view full-size
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Liza