How to Make Special Garlic Fried Rice
How can we make a simple garlic fried rice just a bit more special? It is so simple! Just add any meat and vegetables you happen to have in your kitchen. There are no rules when it comes to making fried rice, which is why I love it so much. Not only can I add anything I want, but I can also prepare it easily within a couple of minutes.
Today I decided to level up my simple garlic fried rice by using an authentic Italian sausage given to me by a friend. Recently I've begun cooking more with sausage. It started when I was assigned to work as a breakfast cook, and I had a chance to taste different kinds of sausages. From there, I started sampling different types of sausages all around Europe during my travels.
When I cook with sausage, I prefer to decase them; i.e., remove the meat from the casing. This provides a nice ground meat mixture that I can use in my recipe.
Now, let me share with you my simple recipe for transforming traditional fried rice into something that's quite a bit more special.
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 egg
- 1 Italian sausage, decased
- 2 tablespoons fried garlic bits
- cooking oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 1 medium bowl
- 4 small bowls
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
For Cooking the Special Garlic Fried Rice:
- cooking spoon
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Cook sausage until it changes color. Add the rice and corn kernels. Continue cooking while mixing.
- Make a space in the middle of the pan. Add a small amount of oil. Cook the egg. Mix to fully incorporate all the ingredients.
- Add crispy fried garlic bits. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Toss.
- Turn off the heat. Serve while still hot. Garnish the dish with chopped spring onions.
Tips and Techniques
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan